Friday, November 2, 2007

Home Improvements

We've been busy working on my house. It seems like a new project every weekend. Check out all the projects below.

My dad and Chris slaved two weekends to put my gates up. It's been a HUGE improvement!

Inside gates.

Gate on north side of house.

Dad is working on replacing the cover to my crawl space. It used to be a piece of particle board, now it's a nice trap door to match the gates. This summer we cleaned out all the garbage under the house. I thought it would all fit into a garbage can, but it ended up taking two or three truckload trips to the dump! Later Erika and I spread out plastic sheeting on the ground to keep the moisture out of the house. It's a lot nicer! Check out earlier post pictures to see all the weird stuff we found under there.

For my birthday, we installed a tile backsplash in my kitchen.

Detail of the tile.

My favorite tile. It reminds me of a petree dish.

I bought a kitchen cart and painted it to match the tile. Adds food prep space and much needed storage space.

Chris made this planter for my birthday. It rocks and the finish changes everytime it rains! Check out his employer's website by clicking here.

I changed bedrooms to the back of the house and painted the room a butter-yellow color. I still need to install crown molding, window treatments and buy a rug, but its nice to be away from the front of the house and the street. I get great views of the backyard from my bed.

I painted my existing bedside table to match my new bedding and the mirror frame my dad built for me.

Another bedroom shot.

This summer I stopped by an antique store in Helper, Utah and bought an old five-panel door to hang over my couch. The color is original and ended up working out really well.

Sophie spends her days sitting in this chair and watching out the window. The other half of the day she spends sleeping on my bed. Spoiled dog!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love your improvements. I want your mirror from your bedroom and I think that you should frame the picture of Sophie on her chair. Priceless!;0)
Linds